Register with U.S.VETS Career Network to Get all the Benefits
To take advantage of all that U.S.VETS Career Network has to offer, fill out and submit this form. Remember, you must complete this form before you can search the Los Angeles-area job listings on this website or to work with the Career Network team.
Tools + Tips
Harness the power of social media in finding a job! This will assist you in creating a new LinkedIn profile or strengthening your current one.Download this tool to learn how to set up your LinkedIn account
Get help in creating a clear and concise resume.Download this tool to get help with your resume
This download will help you craft a short and to-the-point “Elevator Pitch”. You’ll get tips on how to quickly communicate your knowledge, abilities and skills to potential employers.Download this tool to get tips on creating your "Elevator Pitch"
One of the benefits of joining the U.S.VETS Career Network is access to practical, up-to-date trainings that will help you obtain a new job and succeed in it long-term. Veterans in the Los Angeles and San Diego areas can take advantage of a variety of informative programs.
VITA (Virtual Interactive Training Agent)
Through U.S.VETS Career Network, L.A. area veterans can access VITA, a virtual reality job interview practice system.
VITA allows veterans to practice their job-interview skills in a VR environment before they go on actual interviews.
Veterans who have used VITA say it helps them give better answers to interview questions and more clearly explain the relevance of their military experience. They also report feeling less anxiety and more confidence in interviews.
VITA was developed by the University of Southern California’s Institute for Creative Technologies in partnership with the Dan Marino Foundation.
The Call of Duty Endowment helps vets find jobs where they can thrive. U.S.VETS holds the Call of Duty Seal of Distinction for Veteran Job Placement Excellence.
Need More Assistance?
Bob Hope Patriotic Hall is your one-stop shop for veterans’ service is Los Angeles, all provided in a beautiful and historic setting. Services include:
- In addition to the Career Network, U.S.VETS also assists vets with housing, counseling and legal support.
- Department of Military Veterans Affairs (County of Los Angeles) -The 10-story Bob Hope Patriotic Hall is an iconic part of the downtown Los Angeles skyline and serves as the home of the Los Angeles County Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, providing space for a variety of veterans services organizations and hosting events for veterans and the community.
- Los Angeles Bar Association – Pro bono legal services for veterans.
- Superior Court of Los Angeles – Legal self-help clinics for veterans and families.
- Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship Foundation – Educational and charitable services.
- Department of Public Social Services – Help obtaining benefits.
- Public Library – Library cards and library information.
- Department of Human Resources – Help with navigating employment opportunities in the county.
- Department of Mental Health – Veterans and Loved Ones Recovery (VALOR) provides mental health intervention and prevention services to veterans and their families regardless of Veterans Administration eligibility status and military discharge.
- Other partners also visit Bob Hope Patriotic Hall regularly to provide additional services.
Veterans who are moving to the Los Angeles area can get a head start on their job search with U.S.VETS Career Network. If you are relocating, please include this on your profile when you register, along with the date you will be moving to the L.A. area. Contact us to learn more about how we work with relocating vets.